24 Mar 2012

Wanderlust

Wanderlust [ˈwɒndəˌlʌst]
n
a great desire to travel and rove about
[German, literally: wander desire]
 
 
 
This week I have had a serious case of wanting to rove about. It started with a colleauge going to Port de Soller  in Mallorca. It has cute trams, beautiful beaches and lovely food. Sigh. And I was stuck at the office, feeling moany about work. I realised that my wanderlust actually didn't have so much to do with travel. 

It has to do with my life, and if I am roving through it, or setting out with intention. I wanted to be home, working on creative projects and finding my thing again. Finding the thing that makes me want to get up early and create. I read a blog this week about how we are all perfect, we just need to find our thing. We have the gifts and ability to do well at whatever it is, we just need to grab it and go.

I have long read and liked Jess Constable's mantra of desiging a life with intention. 
It is another trick to live that life with intention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment