6 Jun 2011

Long time no blog

Hello again world of blogging!

Quick update: Lost miss poppy aged nine, grandma died, went to Berlin, had my birthday, hit a big bump in my relationship, started new job.

I thought around the middle of May I was over the worst of this blip but turns out [not suprisingly] I needed a bit more time to let the dust settle and see my way through. Now it actually has settled, probably not totally but enough for me to get going again on thriving and not just surviving day to day.

Thinking about how I got by in the last few weeks - support of close friends really kept me going, not so healthily I lent on food a lot. Not eating well is a big alarm for me that I am starting to let my own wellbeing slip down the list. I trusted in my gut instincts, and let myself feel sad, angry and any other emotions as I needed to. Nice to look back and see I have been using some ok coping skills!

Now fun stuff -meet the first of three new additions to the zoo in the last weeks.

Piggy came from a well known pet shop [my rage about that is another post for another day].  Cowering, underweight and scabby, I suggested that she was being neglected. They let me take her with no fuss. Through my animal loving networks I found out that only a week after a baby guinea pig died in the same store. Sorry, that was a bit miserable really! She now has a cushy home chez nous.


Lots more updates to come in the next few days/weeks/months!

No comments:

Post a Comment