2 Feb 2012

When life gives you hair clogs, buy a drain snake


This might just become my new motto.

I have learnt quite a bit about myself in the last week because of a clogged up pipe under the floor in my bathroom. Yes really, a clogged pipe.

Intially I ignored the fact that my bath didn't drain well [probably for a few months] and thought it would go away. Then when I was standing in a foot of water and couldn't ignore it any more, I decided to do something. Phase one began with harsh chemicals not really making a dent in the problem. I then looked at the problem for a few days figuring out what to do next. Last night I took the side panel off my bath and carefully worked out how all the piped connected, and unscrewed and cleaned them. I then realised the issue is below floorboard level and felt annoyed I couldn't fix it. I then went away and researched the problem, bought the tool I need and will try again on friday when it arrives.

This long winded tale of disgusting drain issues really brings out a big messgae for me - how do we deal with problems and setbacks? My pattern looks something like this.....


Ignore problem
Attempt resolution
Procrastinate
Take Action
Setback
Equip yourself
Try again


I have realised that my pattern would be more helpful like this and this could continue in a loop until the problem, be it emotional or drain clog, is resolved.

Acknowledge problem
Attempt resolution
Setback
Equip yourself
Try again

No comments:

Post a Comment